Event Managers usually only ever consider land destinations for their next Incentive Trip, but have you ever taken a look at Luxury Cruises?
If you have never been on a Luxury Ship before, throw away your thoughts of thousands of herding tourists rampaging all over a vessel where space is limited everywhere.
Dining areas, hallways, and certainly your room and bathroom, on a typical large cruise-liner, are all designed to make the most efficient use of space, not comfort.
Thoughts of sending your Corporate group on one of these large vessels for multiple days at sea? Not a chance.
Now, imagine all the best parts of a cruise without most of the cons.
Incentive Cruises: A different Presidents Club
Incentive Cruises, Sailing in Luxury
Embarkation for your Incentive Cruise begins on an exotic island in the Caribbean like Barbados or St. Maartin and ends at another, leaving every day to arrive in a new country when you wake up.
In fact, you don’t spend any days at sea.
Luxury Cruises might only have a couple hundred suites, and each room has a “large” bathroom with separate shower and bathtub, dual vanities.
A queen bed, TV with on-demand movies, an eating area and a couch. Oh, and most suites come with a lovely balcony.
The staff (and service), drinks, food and amenities are all first class, and equivalent to 5 Star Hotels and Resorts.
Why you should consider an Incentive Cruise at least once!
1. Attendees get to experience multiple destinations
2. Choosing Incentive Trip destination ideas can get stale.
3. Unique destinations: Many of the islands visited by the Luxury Cruise ships you (and guests) would likely never visit during a stand-alone trip as several destinations can be difficult to get to.
4. 1st Class amenities: Every feature of the ship, from bedroom mattresses to dining halls is great quality
5. Amazing Service, around the clock: We have never had a similar level of service at any hotel, without paying a small fortune.
6. All inclusive: Usually if you say all-inclusive negative connotations pop-up. However, not here. The food, wine, spirits, service, everything…is top notch.
7. Lots of provided entertainment so your attendees are never bored.
8. Its something different! While Incentive Travel is fun and highly anticipated, it can be nice to change it from a resort-destination to a luxury cruise.
9. You don’t necessarily have to choose the Caribbean option either. The luxury cruise lines have Mediterranean options, South American…Or, Antarctica!
There are always cons where there are pros. Here is our list:
1. Not getting everyone back on board.
2. Multiple destinations also means more potential planning if you have day-activities happening on some of the islands.
3. Age Considerations: If you aren’t renting out the entire ship (100-200+ suites), then you should realize that there will be other folks on the ship and the average age is around 60. Although in our experience, everyone is lively and fun.
4. Having your own space on the ship. If you have a small group, a Luxury Cruise might not be the best option because there are a limited amount of viable meeting spaces on the Ship for your Awards, Reception, Farewell Events. However, consider having these on the islands you’ll be visiting on the beach, or at a local venue.
5. An Incentive Travel Cruise would likely be several days. Many Incentive trips are only a few days, making it a long week. However, a luxury cruise is typically 7 days more or less.
6. Sea sickness: Not a fun one, however there is a doctor on board that provides free patches that we saw many people on the Ship wearing. We also never saw anyone having any discomfort.
Incentive Cruise Line Options
There are 3 Luxury Cruise Options that are all fairly similar in price, amenities and travel-destinations. For that, this article from Incentive Mag might help.
We won’t be going into detail about each, only the pros and cons of a Luxury Cruise for your next Incentive Trip.
- Silver Seas
Incentive Cruises are a potential candidate for many organizations that are hungry for new ideas, as they offer multiple destinations, all-inclusive drinks and food, a more intimate environment while on ship while also granting them complete freedom at every island.
Please note that while things like entertainment, meals, and more can seem “taken care of”, there is a much larger potential for planning than at a single resort-only destination.
Every island presents unique ideas, and while you can certainly book your excursions via the Ship, you should note that the Ship makes a large margin booking excursions for you, versus you doing your homework and booking direct with the local suppliers. This creates several destinations to do homework on.
If you are interested in learning more about an Incentive Cruise, please contact us for a quick response! We also give back the Cruise 3rd party-commission when doing Event Management for your next Incentive Cruise.
Need help with Event Software?
Registration, mobile, etc.